As children, we know how much our mothers mean to us, and Mother’s Day is a superb time to show our appreciation for all she has given us. Nothing says “you rock” more than, well, a rock!
If you’re trying to think up jewelry gift ideas for mom but don’t know where to begin, don’t worry! We have you covered. Our timelessly classic gift buying guide for Mother’s Day will lead you in the right direction to the perfect present.
STEP 1: TAKE NOTE OF YOUR MOM’S STYLE
Many women who adore jewelry favor some pieces over others. Take note of whether your mom wears earrings, necklaces, rings and bracelets, or a combination of these! Also check out the type of jewelry she prefers. Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you never see her sporting bracelets? Don’t assume it’s because she doesn’t have any.
- Is her jewelry bold and dramatic, or dainty and demure?
These points of interest help you get a better sense of your mom’s taste in jewelry so you’ll know what to look for when you shop.
STEP 2: CONSULT WITH YOUR SIBLINGS
Few things warm a mother’s heart more than a present that brings her children together – your mom will love knowing that you picked this gift out for her together. (Then, of course, there’s the added bonus for you of getting to split the bill. Forget the naysayers; splitting the cost of a gift doesn’t make you stingy or “cheap;” it makes your smart!)
So, hit up your siblings. Mother’s Day is a perfect holiday to buy a gift together, with the added benefit of a bigger budget. Talk to your brothers and sisters, and see if they want to go in with you on a lovely piece of jewelry for mom.
STEP 3: DON’T BEAT AROUND THE BUSH – ESTABLISH YOUR BUDGET
Speaking of budgets, the next step is to decide how much you want to spend. While your mom said she loved the macaroni necklace you made her in third grade, uh, don’t kid yourself. Set a price range for the gift that is reasonable but won’t break your bank account. Fortunately, there are beautiful bauble options in all price ranges, and one of them is sure to dazzle your mom.
STEP 4: DO SOME PRELIMINARY ONLINE SHOPPING
Once you get a handle on your mother’s style and set the budget, start checking out jewelry stores’ websites. Beginning your shopping online gives you an idea of the type of piece your budget will buy, helps you narrow down the search to key pieces, and saves you tons of time. Be sure to choose jewelry stores that are reputable and have been in business a long time. Don’t leave your mother’s gift to a fly-by-night online store with dubious guarantees and zero customer service.
STEP 5: VISIT SOME JEWELRY STORES
After you’ve gathered a few ideas online, it’s time to hit the streets. Visit a few jewelry shops, find a sales associate you’re comfortable with, and explain your mother’s style and your budget. He or she will be able to show you the exquisite pieces they have that fit your ideas. Captivating bets for a sparkling Mother’s Day gift are:
- Diamond earrings – Not only are diamonds brilliant and classic, but you can find earrings to fit almost any style and budget.
- Ruby necklace – Red is a color that signifies love. What better stone to show your mom just how much she means to you? Choose a ruby and diamond heart shaped pendant for a more traditional style,, or a gorgeously modern ruby and diamond cluster if your mother prefers a more modern look.
- Gold – Simple and elegant, gold shines in earrings, necklaces, bracelets, and rings alike. Your mom will be able to wear it with a simple pair of pants and shirt, or with the fanciest of dresses. Gold is also easy to care for and available in many different price points.
- Pearls – Another luxurious classic sure to delight your mom, pearls are exquisite in many sizes and mountings. Simple pearl earrings, or a double pearl bracelet will end up adorning your mom for years to come.
- Birthstone – Think about the month your mother was born, and peruse the options for a gift with her birthstone. February moms will swoon at an exquisite amethyst ring, while an October mother will delight in a delicate pair of opal earrings.
STEP 6: DISCUSS PAYMENTS AND GUARANTEES
Once you make your decision, talk about payments, guarantees, and such. Once you decide on the radiant piece of jewelry, the process isn’t finished. Talk with your sales associate about finance and sizing options. Ask about the jewelry store’s return policy, and whether or not they offer a trade-in program. Also find out if regular upkeep, checking prongs, cleaning or buffing, is included in the price. A professional jeweler will stand behind their jewelry with strong customer care long after the sale.
STEP 7: WRAP THE JEWELRY & GIVE YOUR GIFT WITH PRIDE!
No matter what your mom ends up with as her Mother’s Day gift, chances are, she will like it because it came from her baby. Make certain your gift fits her style and taste by following our guide for choosing the perfect Mother’s Day gift. Unlike that macaroni necklace, she will wear this one for decades to come.
Need help choosing a stunning gift that will enchant your mom when she opens it? Visit SpellBound Jewelers today or call 1 (877) 625-4367 and talk with one of our experienced sales associates. We are sure to find you the perfect gift for your mom as well as your budget.