SpellBound Career Opportunities
SpellBound Stone Setter
February 26, 2019
The SpellBound Workshop is known throughout the world for its fine jewelry and illustrious collections that symbolize the essence of distinctive craftsmanship, quality, timeless beauty, and expressions of joy. The High Jewelry Setter should possess the superior ability and skills to set all types of fine setting work of diamonds and colored stones in high jewelry pieces according to the SpellBound Jewelers Inc. aesthetic and quality standards. Additionally, the artisan will have the ability to evaluate and recommend stone layouts in metal for new products and maintain a minimum of stone breakage and loss.
- Set diamonds and colored stones using pave, cut down, bright cut, fancy prong, bead, channel and burnishing setting techniques.
- Collaborate with the Jeweler or CAD Designer/technician on stone placement, layouts in metal for selected new products. Recommend setting techniques and technical solutions to be adopted by craftsmen in higher volume production
- Inspect mountings 100% prior to setting and review work after setting completion
- Count and record individual daily productions results, verify accuracy of work orders, reconcile all stones used in work orders, and notify Manager of any discrepancies.
- Work safely at all times by consistently following safe work procedures for Setters, as well as all safety procedures required at your worksite. Promptly report all incidents and safety issues to your supervisor. Contributes to 5S improvements as demonstrated at your workstation and within the department.
- High School Diploma.
- Setting experience in all setting techniques – ability to evaluate the space needed for setting pave or beadwork, and provide stone layouts in model or castings
- 10+ years’ diamond and colored stone setting experience – preferably working with high end and/or one-of-a-kind jewelry.
- Demonstrated experience setting 10+ carat stones/high-value stones.
- Demonstrated Knowledge/experience of a Laser Welder Machine.
- Extensive experience working with precious metals and colored stones/diamonds
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with customers and multiple staff levels.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills and partnership skills.
- Professional work ethic is demonstrative of exceptional customer service, compliance with all company policies and procedures including but not limited to safety, confidentiality, security; attendance.
- Must be flexible to adapt to changing priorities and willing to change responsibilities within the department as needed by the business.
- Technical understanding of polishing and jewelry manufacturing techniques.
- Significant experience with performing and troubleshooting setting repairs.
- Flexibility to work overtime and/or modified work schedules as needed by the business.
- Gemological Certification (Diamond and Colored Gemstones).
- Proficiency using MS Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Fluent in English